One of the biggest benefits associated with the process of directional drilling in Roseville, CA is that it offers considerable freedom and greater ease when installing underground utilities. Rather than having to dig massive trenches in areas that have already been built up and occupied, directional drilling allows for these utilities to be implemented with as little surface disruption as possible.
Here’s a closer look at some of the reasons why directional drilling is so well suited for the installation of various types of underground utilities:
- No traffic concerns: While there are many types of construction practices that can impact traffic even if work isn’t being done on the roads themselves, directional drilling allows for traffic and public areas to be unimpeded and accessible even as the installation process for underground utilities is underway.
- Less manpower: There are fewer workers needed for directional drilling than other processes that would typically be used for installing these utilities, especially when trench digging is involved.
- Inexpensive: Because there is less manpower and machinery required to complete the job compared to other trenching and excavation processes, directional drilling is also a much less expensive procedure. This combination of cost effectiveness and lack of impediment to everyday activities in the area makes it a clear-cut choice for efficient utility work.
- Low injury risk: Directional drilling is safe. There is a much higher risk of injury in digging and trenching due to the far greater possibilities of mishaps and accidents occurring.
- Environmentally friendly: Directional drilling is the method used for underground utility installation that has the least impact on nature. No pits are created in the directional drilling process—instead, holes are dug horizontally through the earth.
- Flexibility: There are many different types of drilling tools and attachments that can be used during the directional drilling process. One directional drilling truck could use multiple different attachments for a single job as needed to vary the drilling processes.
- Easy cleanup: Cleanup after the job is done becomes much easier and more cost effective because there aren’t massive trenches or pits that need to be filled in. This also cuts down on the amount of time it takes to complete the job in question.
In the end, while there are plenty of methods available for the laying of electric lines, gas pipes, sewer and water lines and more, it is clear that the best selection for municipalities across the nation is directional drilling. While it’s not exactly a simple process, it’s the one that causes the least disturbance to the land and people’s everyday activities, while also saving time and money.
For more information about everything that’s involved in the directional drilling process and what you need to consider before you begin working with an underground utility contractor in Roseville, CA, we encourage you to contact the team at Es7 Comm2-U, Inc. We’d be happy to answer any questions and address any concerns you may have about your upcoming project. We look forward to working with you soon!
This post was written by Writer